This Apple Streusel is a great way to showcase the apple’s delicious flavor and texture.The delicate aromatic fragrance of cinnamon coated on the apples along with the crunch of streusel just provides it enough twist to make a beautiful delicacy of the day.Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans can also be added to the streusel topping.If you like you can make the streusel ahead and just cover and store in the refrigerator until needed. This delicacy tastes best when freshly baked and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Read for Apple Streusel Recipe.
Ready In: 40mins Serves: 3-4
- 3 large apples
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter (4 tbls. or 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almonds and walnuts(mixed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease the bottom only of a small (4 cups or so) casserole dish.
- Peel and core the apples, slice, and place in a bowl. Top with sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, toss to coat. Set aside while preparing the topping.
- Make the streusel by cutting the cold butter into a bowl, adding flour, sugar, cinnamon, nuts, and nutmeg, if using.
- Rub it gently with your fingers until the streusel is a coarse, sandy/pebbly texture.
- Put the seasoned apples into the pan, top generously with the streusel, and bake at 350° about 30 minutes, or until the streusel is golden brown and the apple is starting to bubble up through the topping.
- Serve it hot with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.